Do you remember when superannuation was a simple voluntary savings plan? Then the government made superannuation contributions mandatory and we saw the growth of a variety of retail, industry and other superannuation funds. Now we are witnessing a surge in the growth of self managed superannuation funds (SMSF). Regardless of where your superannuation funds are held the purpose of those funds is to build wealth for your retirement. Do you have financial retirement goals? What contribution are you making towards these goals?
A SMSF is not for everyone. However, a SMSF does enable you to take more control over your retirement savings plan by actively making choices about your investments. It also has the benefit of the ability to manage tax and control administration costs. It is not simply a matter of one option being suitable for everyone. Superannuation law is complex and planning is required on an individual basis. It is crucial that you obtain professional advice to ensure that you achieve your superannuation goals.
Henry Partners can you provide you with the professional expertise to guide you through the process of setting up a SMSF. Our comprehensive service provides you with ongoing advice and additional services including fund compliance, accounting, tax and audit. With tailored advice for your unique situation, we will assist you with borrowing, gearing and avoiding regulatory pitfalls.
SMSFs are regulated by the Australian Taxation Office and the SIS Act. Once you have decided to establish a SMSF we will assist you with all requirements including:
- Determining the structure of your SMSF, ie. individual trustees or a corporate trustee. All members must act as trustees of the fund as either individual trustees or directors of the corporate trustee.
- Are all members Australian residents for tax purposes? Non resident members can affect the residency status of your SMSF for tax purposes.
- Arrange the preparation of the trust deed for your SMSF
- Apply for an Australian Business Number and Tax File Number for your SMSF
- Prepare an investment strategy for your SMSF.
We maintain a Deed file for your SMSF containing the trust deed and all other documents establishing your SMSF.
Once your SMSF is established we can provide ongoing support and advice to help you work towards your financial retirement goals.
There are also a range of accounting, taxation and audit compliance requirements. We provide a comprehensive range of these services including:
- Prepare the annual financial statements, including operating statement, statement of financial position, notes to financial statements
- Prepare and lodge the fund’s annual return (income tax return), calculate and advise of tax liability or tax refund due
- Audit of the SMSF by an approved auditor
- Prepare member benefits statement, which contains member’s tax components
- Provide you with detailed investments reports, such as investments movement report, and year-end market valuation report
- Facilitate obtaining of an actuarial certificate where required
- Manage communications and correspondence with Australian Taxation Office
For a confidential, no obligation discussion please contact us:
105-111 High Street, Mansfield Vic 3722
82 High Street, Yea Vic 3715
81 Grant Street, Alexandra Vic 3714
PO Box 810 Mansfield Vic 3724
Ph: 5775 3170
Fax: 5775 3081
|Merit Wealth Pty Ltd|
ABN 89 125 557 002 (AFSL 409361)
|Mark Henry is a limited authorised representative (number 1240352) of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 89 125 557 002, AFSL 409361
Mark Evans is a limited authorised representative (number 1269943) of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 89 125 557 002, AFSL 409361
Judi Duke is a limited authorised representative (number 1249509 ) of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 89 125 557 002, AFSL 409361
|Level 2, 115 Pitt Street|
Sydney NSW 2000
|Tel: 1300 785 611|
Fax: 02 8916 4294
|www.meritwealth.com.au||Mark Henry - Financial Services Guide
Mark Evans - Financial Services Guide
Judith Duke - Financial Services Guide